The Copper Canyon Shoot-out
Do you feel you’re missing out on all the authentic futuristic Old West robot shooting action? Then look no further!
The Copper Canyon Shoot-Out is a frantic, fast paced VR shooter set in a Wild West themed world overrun by robots. You find yourself outnumbered and outgunned against an invasion of corrupted enforcement machines. You must fight your way through the Copper Canyon to rid it of this evil robot horde!
The Copper Canyon Shoot-Out has been developed by Black Dragon Studios in Unreal Engine 4 for specially for VR, and is out now on PlayStation VR, the Oculus Rift, and the HTC Vive.
- Three unique arcade environments - the Town, a Desert Canyon and Crystal Power Mines
- Shoot enemies to pieces!
- Dual wield weapons
- Ambiguous and unlikely placeholder hero (you)
- Explodey Robots
- Old timey western soundtrack
- Guns which go bang
In Saloons April 30th 2019
The Copper Canyon Shoot-Out is a VR shooter developed by Black Dragon Studios in Unreal Engine 4 for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Gameplay consists of frantic gun-based combat set in a Wild West themed world overrun by hostile robots. The Copper Canyon Shoot-Out has been designed to be played in relatively short bursts and offers an instant action, no-strings VR experience that can be played from either a standing or sitting position (standing recommended).
The core of the game is extremely fast and frenetic. The player must progress through one of three arcade levels. In each level the player must face relentless waves of enemies which spawn around the environment in progressively more challenging waves. Enemies will dynamically take cover, charge or attack independently.
The player is encouraged to continually move from cover to cover whilst laying down as much fire as possible, giving the game a real Wild West shoot-out atmosphere. Each path leads to an open arena where the player must face a final boss which will present different challenges depending on the chosen level and must be defeated in stages.
- Colourful and stylised Wild West era world
- Multiple paths through three unique environments:
Town, Desert Canyon and Crystal Power Mines
- Immersive bullet-dodging and ‘bullet time’ manoeuvres
- Multiple enemy types with a variety of challenging attacks
- Multi-stage boss that requires different tactics on each encounter
- Dual wield weapons in any combination
- Interact with props and debris in environment to use as shields etc.
- End of run scoreboard with challenges to complete
- Originally developed Western themed dynamic soundtrack reactive to gameplay